Friday, September 19, 2014

IBA Hawaii stop #3 at Sandys and home.

                  So right after Chile, I flew straight to Oahu for the third stop of the IBA Hawaii Tour which was held at Sandy Beach at the surf spot called Half Point.  I love half point and I felt really comfortable coming into the event.  Plus, my pops, niece, and girlfriend was there for the support so I felt relaxed and ready.  The waves were really fun and everyone was ripping in all divisions.  During my semifinal heat I made a mistake by going right when I had priority and all I had to do was to go left and block JUBB from going left, but I didn't.  JUBB went left and got the score he needed in the last seconds and knocking me down to 3rd and not advancing.  I ended up tying for 5th overall, but still in the lead of the rankings going into the last event on the westside of Oahu in December.  Other than competing in the contest, I relaxed and enjoyed being a tourist with my love Celestial.  We stayed in Waikiki and cruised all over the zones and ate allkines.  It was awesome after being away from home for a month in Chile.
                 After Oahu, I came home for a week and a half before heading to Portugal.  Home is where my heart is and I have everything there.  My family, friends, girlfriend, nature, everything Maui is there and I love it and I always feel great when I leave again for another contest or surf trip.  I am now on route to Portugal in New York on an overnight layover.  I'm amped and ready for the next stop of the APB contest.  Keep posted for more blog updates and photos.  mahalo for all of the support everyone!  aloha
Flipping in my semis.  PC:  Maurice Aubuchon 
Cruise the zone.  PC:  Maurice Aubuchon
Rocking the new SOL Clothing gear on Oahu.  Get yours now at www.solclothingusa.com
A room with a view
My love
Waikiki sunset
Waikiki sunrise
My good friend David Phillips and I before our heat together.  He was ripping all event and made his second final on the IBA Hawaii tour.
Flapping.  PC:  Celestial
Back home.  Here's uncle jonah and Paxton enjoying the valley 
Love this little big man.  My nephew Paxton 
Aunty and uncle with Paxton and Princess Alyza
They love eating.
I also got some waves while I was at home.  PC:  Erik Aeder
Running stairs with my love
My mom makes the best Kale Cesar
Valley run 
Celeste and I painting the studio
Love
Alyzas first soccer game.  GO Pink Ninjas
The drive to Wainapanapa
Enjoyed a weekend in Wainapanapa with the family.
One last sunrise before I head out to Portugal


No comments:

Post a Comment